Red, Green, Cocktail, Whole & Broken
Although Maraschino Cherries come from all over the world, Reinhart Foods sources the best from Italy, Bulgaria and Michigan.
Almondine flavouring is added to give the distinctive maraschino flavour. Maraschino Cherries have a lower sugar content than glace. In fact, 1 maraschino cherry has less than 10 calories! Used as a garnish, Maraschino Cherries are an inexpensive, colourful way to increase the appeal of desserts, beverages and entrees.
Maraschino cherries are used as a baking ingredient, a decoration for cocktails and a topping for cakes and ice cream.
Typical shelf life is 3 years or longer at ambient storage conditions. Product should be refrigerated after opening.
Fruit for Glace products come from many parts of the world – cherries from the US, Canada, Italy and Bulgaria; pineapple from the Pacific Rim; and Citron, lemon and orange peels from the US and Caribbean.
Glace fruit is also called candied fruit, as the #1 ingredient added during processing is sugar.
Glace Fruit is used as a baking ingredient and topping in cakes, breads and squares. Peels are also used in stollen and hot cross buns.
Shelf life is typically 2 years or longer at ambient storage conditions.
Mincemeat is made up of a number of fruits and fruit products from around the world. Some of the ingredients – such as Glace Fruit and Raisins – are processed by Reinhart Foods as separate products.
Daltons Mincemeat contains apples, raisins, glace peels, glace fruit, sugar and suet (the mincemeat).
For a genuine traditional flavour, try our rum and brandy mincemeat.
Mincemeat is used mainly as an ingredient in pies and tarts.
Shelf life is 3 years. Product should be refrigerated after opening.
Coconut is the meat from the fruit of a coconut tree. It is white in colour, smooth in taste and has a rich mouth feel. Although coconuts grow in many places around the world, the best coconuts are from the Philippines. All Reinhart Foods’ coconut is sourced from the Philippines.
The cuts or granulations available are Flake; Strip (fancy shred); and Medium.
Coconut is used as a baking ingredient in cakes, squares, tarts, pies and cookies. It is also used as a topping or decoration for baked items and added to some main dishes for extra flavour!
Typically, coconut has a 1 year shelf life.
Dates are commonly a product of middle eastern countries. Reinhart Foods sources the best dates from the region.
Dates are used as a baking ingredient in cakes, muffins, tarts and squares – or enjoyed right out of the package.
Shelf life for dates is about 12 months.
Since raisins are an agricultural product, raisin quality and availability vary by country in response to changing weather and growing conditions. Jaffa products are sourced from the best agricultural markets around the world to ensure consistent quality and product performance.
Raisins are used for baking purposes and are often enjoyed right out of the bag.
Shelf life is one year.
Adding Festive Flair
- Colourful red and green glace cherries and mixed peel add that special festive touch to holiday baking. However, when time is short, here are some quick ideas to short-cut your preparation.
Quick Desserts and Baking Ideas
- Add chopped glace cherries to favourite brownie batter, shortbread or sugar cookie dough before baking.
- Add chopped green and red glace cherries to a pound cake or lemon cake batter. Drizzle with a glaze of icing sugar and milk and garnish with glace cherry halves.
- Stir glace cherries or mixed peel into softened vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. Refreeze until serving, or spoon into prepared graham cracker or chocolate wafer pie crust and freeze until firm.
- Stir chopped glace cherries or mixed peel into no-bake rum ball mixture.
- Stir chopped glace cherries or mixed peel into pudding mix, chill to set.
- Add chopped glace cherries or mixed peel into rice crispy squares.
- Add chopped glace cherries or mixed peel into your favourite butter tart recipe, along with raisins.